Tuesday 1 September 2015

heidi's picks - week 34: JAPAN


Japan is the country I would most like to visit so I was delighted with this week's theme.  And so, it seems, were many of you!  I've been overwhelmed by the amazing quality and quantity of illustrations posted.  Thank you so much to everyone who contributed, many more than once.

In the end I decided to limit myself to only one favourite by each outstanding artist... because my original list was just soooo long. Hardest picks EVER!

Akemi Ito

Alison Smallwood

Amanda Hunt

Cherie Altea Bitanga

Jessica Vanderpol

Marie Laure Fontan

Peter Papamanolis

Raffaella Picotti
Birgitta Eriksson
Caleb Salisbury
Cara King
Heather Suzuki
Jennifer Gibson
Jess Racklyeft
Jessica Compton
Jolanda Jarman
Joyee Neogi
Kate Bartholomew
Katharine Harper
Leonie Cheetham
Litta Jackson
Michele Kempees-Lewis
Sophia Tsorbaris
Susan Ruming
Nicky Johnston

Vanessa Pritchard



Aska TheIllustrator

Belladonna Raudvee


Deborah Parker

Hayley Atkinson

Ian McLean

Jarrod Anderson

Marta Tesoro
Jill Butler

Kim Bergstrom

Kim Fleming

Margaret Dewar

Peter Hinton


Sarah Hart

Sophie Pittaway
Clara Cook
Lisa Jones

Samantha Cohen


1 comment:

  1. Just stunning! This week's illustrations (and not just the picks) have been incredible. I know very little about Japan so my inspiration was from very limited ideas (hence, very simple illo). What I have seen this week has really stunned me!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.